Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome!

Hola Amigos!

Welcome to my Blog!  It's called Local Yogi!   

Why Local Yogi? 

1.  I'm Local!   Not local in the sense that I live near You... necessarily.  I'm local in the sense that I Live near Me. I live where I live and I try my best to stay there.  I want to get to know my bit of Earth as best I can through all my senses.  I want to know the plants, the animals, the insects, the curves of the land, the smell of the soil, the angle of the sun in winter, the prevailing summer breeze, the rain and where it flows when it hits the ground.  I want to know all the people who live around me.  I want to weave myself into the web of life that exists right here. I want to nourish this place and be nourished by it.  I see no better way to heal the planet and empower myself than to live right here, fulfilling my needs from my immediate surroundings and local community.  

2. I'm a yogi!  I practice and teach Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.  Practicing yoga clears away my old habits and patterns so that I can be myself ever more fearlessly and creatively.  I'm not interested in yoga for yoga's sake.  I'm not interested in yoga to help me cope with a dysfunctional society. I'm interested in yoga that teaches me to see clearly the madness of the mainstream culture and my role in perpetuating it.  I want yoga that spurs me on to challenge the status quo and change it; yoga that supports me as I live my ordinary life every single moment of every single day.

Here is a Very important thing:

I am the mother of two amazing human beings.  A nearly 7 year-old girl and a nearly 5-and-a-half year-old boy.  We learn together at home.  They inspire me to Keep Up and Try My Best.

So I think I'll write here about my adventures in localness and yogidom and mommyhood and whatever else may be in my heart. And you, my dear, can write to me about your adventures in localness and yogidom and mommyhood (or daddyhood) and whatever else may be in your heart. And together we'll go about "being the change" and illuminating the planet with our acts of wisdom and love.




No comments:

Post a Comment